- Our hotel is located at L’Esglesia Square in Garriguella, a small and quiet village in the Empordà region, 7 kms from the best beaches of Costa Brava.
- It has 9 rooms and one apartment-hotel.
- Each room is unique and has different features: rooms with jacuzzi and terrace, rooms with balcony and Pyrenees views, room with whirlpool bath, suites and junior suites with mezzanine, connected rooms available.
- Hotel La Plaça has a Spa with massage service, outdoor pool and solarium.
- Hotel La Plaça’s gastronomic restaurant serves French influence season cuisine and has à la carte lunches/dinners and different special menus.
- Our hotel’s location, in a good connected small village in the Alt Empordá region, makes you get to many places of cultural, tourist and landscape interest in a very short time. Our area offers a wide variety of places to visit and activities:
- L’Albera natural area, Els Aiguamolls de l’Empordá and Cap de Creus Natural Parks, Rodes mountains and, a bit further, the Pyrenees. All the northern Costa Brava beaches are few minutes away from Garriguella by car. From the steep and rocky coves in Cap de Creus to the soft and sandy beaches in Roses Gulf. Cultural tourism lovers should know that we are in an area full of historical remains, because it has been inhabited since prehistory. You can visit interesting megalithic monuments, follow Greek and Roman presence in Roses and Empúries, know really interesting Romanesque monuments such as Sant Pere de Rodes, Sant Quirze de Colera or Vilabertran, small villages full of history and art such as Cadaqués, Peralada, Castelló d’Empúries, visit the Dalí Museum in Figueres (region’s capital), or this artist’s House-Museum in Port-Lligat. It is also important to say that we are in the middle of one of the most important wine growing areas in Catalonia. There are many wineries that produce high quality wines and that organise visits and other activities related to wine produce and environment knowledge as well. Those who prefer active tourism will also find motivation: golf courses, horse or bike riding, water sports (kayak, windsurf…), skydiving, the Wind Tunnel in Empuriabrava, hiking (the Route to Santiago, Itinerànnia), etc. And, all year, no end of fun and cultural activities: Peralada Casino, music festivals, fairs, exhibitions, museums, water parks.
- All the rooms have wonderful views of the Alt Empordá.
Great lookouts where you can stare at amazing sunsets
behind the Pyrenees outline. From the private solarium in every
upper room, the view disappears into vineyards, olive groves and crops.
- Extra magic: admire the landscape inside your outdoor private
jacuzzi, refreshing in summer and heated in winter, under the Empordá sky.
Facilities and Services
- Outdoor pool (summer time)
- Free parking
- Spa / well-being centre
- Indoor jacuzzi
- Massages and treatments: Relieving massage / Peeling / Manicure...
- Rooms with heated and private jacuzzi in the terrace
- Rooms with balcony
- Rooms with terrace
- Room with whirlpool bath
- Junior suites and suite with mezzanine (includes sofa-bed) and wooden floor or sitting room and sofa-bed
- Great views from every room
- Non-smoking rooms
- Connected rooms available
- Air conditioning
- Free Wi-Fi
- LCD TV
- Breakfast in the room available
- Bath robe and slippers depending on the room and the selected pack
- Welcome gifts in the room available
- Tourist information
- Visits and activities schedule and booking
- Wide variety of packs
- Bike rental
- Private and enclosed parking available